Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Freewrite: October 20, 2010

I'm not really sure what to write about today... I guess I will talk about the scholarship I am considering applying for in the next few months and the career I am choosing. I want to be an elementary teacher here in Willard, MO. I love it here. The people are great and I love the small town atmosphere. I love knowing people and having people wave at you when you drive down back country roads. It just makes me happy. I also love kids. I want to teach fourth grade, something that I have really enjoyed while Cadet Teaching with FTA. I love that they are independent, yet still need my help when trying to figure things out. They are also old enough to be responsible and hold a conversation. I love seeing their faces when they figure things out or learn something new. I also love how easily amused they are. They can easily make my day when I go over to Willard North. Anyways, about the scholarship. There is something called the TEACH grant. It's from the US Government and it is up to $4,000 per year for 4 years. I can easily get it because of my GPA, however, it requires you to teach at a school that provides education to low-income families. I wasn't sure Willard qualified, however, the last time I checked, they do. I have to check with MSU (my school of choice) to see if they accept this scholarship, and I need to check with our counseling center to make sure that I can get this. It will really help in allowing me to live on campus for a year or two :)

WORD COUNT: 281

No comments:

Post a Comment