So, yesterday I went to lunch. Not just a regular lunch- but a planned one. I don't have planned/scheduled lunches very often. This lunch was to meet with the planning committee for the first annual gala for Lifehouse Crisis Maternity Home. Lifehouse is a place that I found through dosomething.org and I eventually got in contact with the founder through facebook. Sharon, the founder, had an abortion when she was 19- something she deeply regrets. She now has 4 wonderful kids and has discovered what God meant for her to do. She started Lifehouse more than a year ago- and an actual house is now in the works so that she can provide 20 women a place to stay throughout their pregnancy if they are going through a crisis (abuse, homelessness, teenage pregnancy, etc.). Anyways, when I found Lifehouse on facebook, I was so excited. It is exactly what I want to do later in life. I want to help take care of those women and their unborn children because I feel like that is where I will be able to impact and help save the babies that I love so dearly. Sharon told me that she will mentor me- something I am very grateful for. Not only does she have experience in the field I am going into, but she has social workers, counselors, and many other people I can talk to to get more information about my future job and what it may entail. The gala is on June 17, and it is going to be held at The Veridian in downtown Springfield. It is a gorgeous place and I cannot wait to help plan this event that will help so many women in our area!! She has so much faith in me and what I can bring to this group- I hope I don't disappoint her! :)
WORD COUNT: 310
No comments:
Post a Comment