In my life, one of the most important things that has ever happened to me was becoming a foster family. I can't remember what it felt like when we first started (I was about 4 years old.), but I can remember what it felt like when we stopped. I know why we stopped, but I don't understand how we stopped. To me, it was really hard to realize that these kids wouldn't be coming in and out of our home anymore and that was devastating to me. I got to help take care of them and I felt like although it was probably best for our family, I was angry and wanted to keep doing as long as I could. Why did I feel like that? What made it so important to me? Why did it feel like my whole life just ended when we stopped taking in foster kids? Why is it still so important to me? Why do I feel this attachment to all kids- especially the younger ones that need help and someone to look up to in their lives? Was there some specific event in the 12 years we did foster care that made me feel like I was meant to do that for the rest of my life or was it just a culmination of everything in the past ten years? Why do I want to do foster care after I start my own family? Why do I feel such a strong pull to help these kids that I haven't had contact with in years? Was there a specific event that made my Mom realize that she couldn't do foster care anymore? Where are those kids now? Where is the not-so-little boy we wish we would have adopted? Why can't we adopt him now so that he will have a forever family like he should? Why do I have such a strong sense of family?
WORD COUNT: 320
Have I rubbed off on others?
Who has rubbed off on me?
TURNING POINTS IN MY LIFE: Cameron asking me out, my family deciding to become a foster family, my family deciding to stop being a foster family, adopting Jenna & Alex, becoming a high schooler, joining the HS marching band, becoming a part of student staff, becoming a sophomore, Cylee & Gabee being born, going to MSU for Ozarko and realizing that it felt like home and where I was meant to go for college, volunteering at BBBS
No comments:
Post a Comment