Monday, April 11, 2011

Freewrite: April 11, 2011

Inspiration... inspiration... inspiration... english paper. Band audition. So, our english papers have to be stamped by Friday... eek. Scary. I really REALLY need to work on mine tonight so that I can at least get a probation stamp by then. I also have my band audition at MSU on Wednesday and I have barely played it on a drum. AHHHHH. That's really scary. I would love to make it into the Pride's drumline- not just for the band grant that I could get, but for the fact that I love being on a drumline and the camraderie that it brings. I really hope I don't mess up like I did last year on my solo at Districts. I played really well, except for the 6 times or so that I stopped and started again. If I do that, they hopefully won't take off too much because I am showing my playing ability- I just get nervous in front of crowds and hate playing by myself. And besides, playing on a bass is nothing like playing on a concert snare. Give me a bass line (a good one preferably) and I'll show you how well I can play. I just hope they give me a chance and allow me to show them how good I am beyond what I can play on a snare. I'm really excited, but at the same time, I'm really nervous because if I don't get in, that would kind of make me feel like a failure. Which sucks. Meeting people from other schools that we have competed against in the past who would then be in the same drumline as me would be one of coolest and strangest things I have ever experienced. I feel like Willard's band is special, but I know that once I get out there and talk to other people, Willard's kids are just like the rest. Yes, we are good, but I'm talking about the friendships and family atmosphere that we have. I'm glad that everyone else has gotten to experience it, because I don't know who I would have been without being in band. I can't wait to meet others who can tell me about their experiences and see how good they are and all that stuff. I really hope I make the drumline because it could be one of the best experiences of my life. :) WORD COUNT: 397

No comments:

Post a Comment