Monday, April 4, 2011
Freewrite: April 4, 2011
My favorite thing to wear is my necklace Cameron gave me. He gave it to me for Christmas in 2007 and I wore it everyday (until I lost it during Courtwarming :( :( ). It had a silver heart on it at first, but I also added a piece of another necklace onto it that he gave me when we went to Hawaii in 2008. It was a white flower, and I had purchased the ring that matched it earlier, but I didn't have enough money to buy both. He surprised me, though, when he got it for me. It was really, really special to me, and somehow it got lost in all the commotion of Courtwarming. I'm still hoping to find it somewhere... but thinking about that got me thinking about Hawaii and all the memories from there. I remember getting everything ready in the gym of the high school and trying to say goodbye without crying too much and trying to fit my little pillow in my backpack. I remember wishing I could ride with Cameron's group, but still having to split up. I remember watching some comedy video before falling asleep for the drive to KC. I remember waiting for the plane for hours and sleeping on the floor of the airport. I remember getting breakfast at 3 AM because we were starving. I remember flying over the ocean and thinking we were getting close, and then looking up at the TV to see we were only halfway there. I remember getting to Hawaii and getting leis, but having awful, puffy eyes and a stuffy nose because I was allergic to the flowers. I remember getting on the bus to go to the hotel, and sitting in the lobby while they introduced us. That's only the beginning, but I remember so many things from that trip that I didn't think I remembered. I can't wait to go back :) WORD COUNT: 322
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment