Friday, April 15, 2011
Freewrite: April 15, 2011
I was kind of hoping today would be a writing marathon day since I didn't get to go when everyone else went in the fall, but now I can't think of anything to write. Soooooooooo..... this week has been pretty exciting. Or at least these last two days have been. I had my audition to get into the MSU Drumline on Wednesday and I was super nervous. However, once I was there I realized that I would be auditioning for John Sullivan- our color guard instructor! That made me less nervous, but I still stopped a few times. That was disappointing, but he said they would send me an offer in the coming weeks!! I have a camp on April 30 which is really exciting because both the rookies and the vets will be there so it will be our first time meeting and getting to know who next year's potential drumline is! I already got the music for that day, and it is fantastic! I have parts memorized from listening to it yesterday, but I'm not sure that's a good thing considering I don't know what drum I'll be on! Oh well :) Yesterday I had my "interview" with Brandon at the Willard Aquatic Center where I've worked for two years. We talked about a lot of things but we especially talked about the responsibilities I will have this summer. I really like getting to be a shift leader and taking more responsibility, and when I told him that, he told me what he wants me to do this summer. I will get to be front desk/concessions "manager" and swim lesson "coordinator/manager." I don't know my official title, but with the front desk stuff, I will get to take inventory, purchase items for the pool if necessary, keep everything organized, possibly make schedules for people, and just run it in general. I don't have to be there every day, but I will probably be there a lot. With the swim lesson stuff, I will get to teach and run all of the lessons. I will schedule private lessons (and hopefully still teach some) and I will assist other teachers in teaching their classes or individuals when necessary. I'm really excited to get that much more responsibility this summer :) WORD COUNT: 380
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment