Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Freewrite: November 23, 2010

So, today isn't a freewrite day in English IV Honors, but I don't really feel like working on a paper just yet, so I'm going to freewrite. Today is the last day before Thanksgiving break and everyone knows that today is going to be a day where we do nothing. In sociology, we took a spelling quiz and just talked for the rest of the hour. In english, we are all working on our papers, so it is still a relaxing day, even though we have to do work. In band, we are going to talk about fundraisers and present the silly awards- basically nothing. Everyone is aching for a break. No one really wants to be here today, but once today is over, we have five days to ourselves. That's really exciting! Thanksgiving break is always a welcome rest from school.

Tomorrow I get to watch my baby cousin, Cylee, while her mom and little sister, Gabee, go to the doctor. Gabee just came home from the NICU a week ago, so they are going to check up on her and see if she can be visited by more people. I am really excited to get to babysit Cylee. She is adorable and I love seeing her as much as possible. It seems like everytime I see her she gets bigger and smarter and is able to do more.

Thanksgiving is going to be wonderful as always, but kind of weird, too. Kara, Gabee & Cylee's mom, will be at home with Gabee for the duration of the day. It kind of stinks because she is one of my best friends, but at the same time, I know it will be good for Gabee to not have a chance of getting sick. Cameron and I's three and a half year anniversary is on Thanksgiving this year as well. We probably won't hang out on Thanksgiving, but it is weird that it falls on a holiday.

I get to work my first real day at Bass Pro on Black Friday. I had training a couple weeks ago, but I haven't gotten to do it on my own yet, so I'm really excited that I finally get to start! I love working the register. I already encountered a lot of different types of people, so I can't wait to see what personalities Black Friday will bring out! I'm not excited about getting up really early, but that's okay.

This is a really long freewrite! Oh well. This break is going to be fantastic. I can't wait to sleep in and do nothing for most of the five days. Only 177 days until graduation!! :)

WORD COUNT: 443

No comments:

Post a Comment